Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dude, Where's My Car?

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Half a peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread. At least, Mark said there was PB&J, I couldn't really taste it. Apparently he was trying to rally from this incident the day before.

Lunch: Two slices of sausage and pepperoni pizza and carrot sticks.

Snack: Grapes.

Snack Number 2: Oops. 100 calorie snack bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Dinner: Tiny amount of soup bowl stuffed cabbage. Totally healthy dinner, but so damn spicy I couldn't eat it, so tiny portion due to burnt taste buds not self control. Followed with one slice of whole wheat bread and peanut butter smear. This smear smeared by me, so I could actually taste it.

Snack: Small Choco Cherry Love Blizzard from Dairy Queen. Double oops. But.... could have been worse, and was a special occasion blizzard (or so I justify to myself).


Exercise Journal:

30 minutes on Professional Trainer Setting 1 on my treadmill.


Dude, Where's My Car?

So, as I mentioned above, I treadmilled yesterday. It was my first time, and I don't really know how to work the buttons. Lots of up and down arrows, lots of red dots in lines and lots of number point number displays. What are we upping and downing? What are we dotting? And what point what means what??? So, at first, I did about 10 minutes of walking at a decent pace on a flat surface. Then I found the program settings.

Woo hoo! Program 1. I walk for a couple more minutes flat and even... then BAM! I was run-ning. (I want to type that like Forest Gump says it, but that is hard to do). DOWN ARROW! DOWN ARROW! Ok, swift pace, walking flat. Feeling the burn a little. Mostly proud that this exercise deal is not that tough. Suddenly I feel like I am flying. Wait.... I am not flying... I am suddenly raising up in the air. I am not walking flat anymore, I am walking up a slight hill. AHHHHHH!!! RUNNING AGAIN!!!! DOWN ARROW!!!! DOWN ARROW!!!! Ok, walking at a swift pace up a slight hill. Again, not too bad. In fact, able to hold a telephone conversation while walking up the... MOUNTAIN! I AM NOW CLIMBING FREAKING PIKE'S PEAK!!! Suddenly Mt. KillaLYNNjaro has appeared in my bedroom. AND I AM RUNNING UP IT! DOWN ARROW!!! DOWN ARROW!!!! Ok... brisk walk up steep hill. Sweating now. Breathing is harder now. Phone conversation much harder now. Watching the clock for my thirty minutes to be up much closer now. And, then I'm done.

Work out number one, check. Heart still beating, check. Lungs still functioning, check. Legs turned to jelly, check. Next time I need to climb a mountain, I'm bringing my car! CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment