Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dude, Where's My Will Power???

Ok, seriously, what is wrong with me? I was going great guns, as my high school friend Bess used to say, and suddenly my train derailed right off the track and into a convenience store filled with lovely Cheetos, crunchy Fritos and even a Rice Krispie treat or two. Why is it that once you stray, you can never find your way back? I should have left a breadcrumb trail, but I inhaled every last morsel. What am I, the Tiger Woods of diets. Not just one fling, not just one mistress... I have fourteen over a multi-year period. It's pathetic.

So, we went on a road trip to see family in Iowa and of course, I veered. Someone once said (or posted on Facebook) that getting a salad from McDonald's is like paying a hooker for a hug. So, I don't do it. Therefore that weekend turned to crap. But, I didn't care. I firmly believe that calories don't count when consumed outside your state of residence. But, when I got back, I never got back on the treadmill. I have yet to pour myself a glass of water and what's worse... I think I am actually eating more!!!


The downside to having Mark here it that I am not totally swamped with kid crap. Don't get me wrong, that is the upside to having him here too, but I find myself snacking. I never snack. When it is just me and the kids there isn't time. I would wait til dinner and gorge myself (not an approved eating method either) but now I feel like I am eating all day long. I have time to sit on the couch and eat bon bons. Ok, I don't have bon bons, but I have found that trail mix makes a fine substitute. Some in the alcohol addiction world would say that identifying the problem is the first step, but who is going to put a gun to my head and make me take the others? Because right now I can see that needs to be done, but I can't get my ass off the couch to do it. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment