Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A long, long weigh to go...

Forgive me oh readers, for I have sinned. It has been several days since my last post and I can tell you why. I gave up. I didn't diet.

I could sit here and blame the shoulder pain, which is part of it, and then I can blame the feeling that once you go off track it is just easier to stay there, or I can even blame hormones. I have been a crabby patty these last few days and eating my baggie of almonds just pissed me off. I wanted something else instead... like lasagna! I have to eat to take a pain pill, which I cannot sleep without, and by the end of the day I don't want a salad or a sandwich thin with light tuna. Yo quiero Taco Bell... so yo ate it. A lot. So, I find myself on a Wednesday Weigh In not going down, but instead, going up.

I am not exercising. I am not playing outside much. I am sitting on a couch feeling sorry for myself because every inch my arm moves feels like it's being ripped apart. And, then I eat something. Even today, I had a fine breakfast and weighed in, vowing to do a better job. And then I took the boys to the store to buy some groceries for a chili cook off at Mark's work tomorrow, and by the time we were heading home... I stopped at Burger King for lunch. Initially it was only for the boys, but the idea of bringing them in the house, unpacking groceries, ugh... I had a fried chicken sandwich value meal with french fries and a Diet Coke. I want to say that I am going back on track, but I feel like my train is veering out of control and Harrison Ford is about to jump off before it explodes. Jump, Harrison, jump, because Calista Flockhart I am not. So, without futher ado, here are my results.

Weight: Up 2 pounds.
Total Lost: 5 pounds.
Pounds needed to reach first goal: 25.
Crap.

2 comments:

  1. Can I join you??? Really, I need help...maybe we can do this together...across the miles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I have read this start to finish..and if nothing else this blog should be reason to continue to diet. Truly it is hilarious and one which we can all identify with and laugh with,. And for a change someone is honest enough to admit when they fail Most diet blogs are "i ate this green stuff, and I lost 4 lbs today" yadayadayada... this is real llife, I love it...please get back to working on this!!! Besides i need to lose 30 pounds ....

    ReplyDelete