Friday, October 16, 2009

My Email is Out to Get Me!!!

Yesterday's Success:

Ate:
Breakfast: Half a bowl of baked apples with a squirt of light Cool Whip. (Yeah, I know...but Will ate most of it. I swear).
Lunch: Tuna (in water) with a tablespoon of Light Miracle Whip on a sandwich thin.
Snack: 2 cups light popcorn.
Dinner: Two servings Panama Pork Stew (pork, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, onion and diced tomatoes) and 1 crescent roll.
Snack: 1 snack pack of almonds. Weight Watchers ice cream cone.

My Email is Out to Get Me!!!

I get so excited when I see my little yellow envelope with the star burst on my computer screen. No matter what I am doing, I stop and check my mail. Maybe it's because I am home alone with two kids and crave adult conversation, or maybe it's the mystery of what might lay ahead... either way, I love it. I sneak peaks at my desktop all day long just waiting to see that little graphic appear. Sometimes it is a Facebook message, sometimes it's a blog comment, sometimes it's an email from a friend, lots of times it's junk and I am sadly disappointed. But, even if it does turn out to be nothing... I still get a little thrill the next time it shows up. Until now. Now, I realize that it could be something sent to derail my recent "de-heifering" progress. Now... it might be Domino's.

Domino's sends me emails all the time. They e-stalk me and ply me with notification of fresh baked sandwiches, BBQ chicken pizza hot and ready to be delivered, cinna stix fresh from the oven and dripping with gooey icing. They are downright evil. And I am not sure how they do this... clearly some sort of stomach monitoring device implanted from some past pizza I've eaten... because they spam me right when my tummy is growling it's loudest. The email laughs at me and waits for me to ponder.... one pizza won't ruin everything, right? I can give in to cravings sometimes, right? NO! Sometimes would turn into EVERY STINKING DAY. Then, what's the point of avoiding my true loves Ben and Jerry if I am going to cheat on them with the pizza delivery guy. From this point on, I am going to have to reserve checking my email for moments when I am completely sated. No more growling tummy on the computer. Ha! Take that Domino's! Wait... the envelope just appeared. And I am hungry. It's them!!! RUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment