Thursday, October 15, 2009

Resistance is futile...

Yesterday's Success:

Ate:
Breakfast: Bowl of Raisin Bran with Granola and skim milk. Half of a banana.
Lunch: Fit and Active Chicken Noodle Soup.
Snack: Fiber One Peanut and Oats bar. Half an apple.
Dinner: One serving whole grain rotini in a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. 4 oz. grilled salmon fillet. 1 piece fat injected garlic bread.
Snack: 1 slice homemade apple pie with a squirt of light Cool Whip.

Exercise: Does doing 400 loads of laundry count? No? Then none.


Resistance is futile...

How in the name of Richard Simmons are you supposed to avoid eating when you have children? We have a candy supply that rivals a Brach's factory (I don't buy it... it just somehow magippears in my pantry) and last night Will wanted to make an apple pie. Now, normally I would laugh in his face, as I clearly am not the Momunist type (definition: Alpha mom who could whip up an apple pie while cleaning the kitchen, composing the weekly PTA newsletter and receiving a mani/pedi, while dressed in a perfect A line dress, heels and pearls. And yes, Virginia, they do exist). However, this time was different. He had just gone to the apple orchard with preschool, so how could I tell him no? We had a bushel and a peck (how much is that???) of apples, and why let them rot when they could be turned into golden brown, flaky crusted, gooey apple yumminess?!?!? Alas, I don't do pies... but Grandma can! So, in walks my mother... Martha Stewart minus the criminal record, and in record time out comes said deliciousness.

This is similar to my theory with the night out on Saturday, but my philosophy is this: Resistance is futile. I know myself. My brand of "Will Power" must be the generic version, because like generic toilet paper... it is pretty thin. We're talking single ply. So, if I pretend like I am going to go the rest of my life (which per the Mayans will end in 2012, so why am I worried about weight anyway???) not eating bad foods, I am kidding myself. That kind of strict deprivation will lead me to wig out and consume the entire contents of my grocer's freezer case (ice cream area only... frozen veggies will survive just fine). So, I figure if Will and my mom bake up a dripping, bubbling apple pie heaven, I am just going to have a piece. And I did. One piece. That can't be all bad, can it?

4 comments:

  1. No. You're right, it's completely crazy to think that you're going to live your entire life without having a cheeseburger or chocolate cake again. Or course you are. I think you have the right idea, by eating healthy a whole lot of the time and having a treat occasionally. Now, I need to follow your lead. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was fanfreakintastic!You are doing great! You have inspired me to try to do better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amie - I think I would be following YOUR lead. You're the one who already did it!!!

    Tex - Aww... that is awfully nice of you to say. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Martha Stewart minus the criminal record,"
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete