Friday, October 9, 2009

Maybe Hungry Really Means Hungry

Yesterday's Success:

Ate:

Breakfast: Bowl of Cheerios with skim milk.

Snack: Fiber One Oats and Peanut Butter bar

Lunch: Tuna (in water) with one tablespoon light Miracle Whip on a Sandwich Thin. Half cup of sliced peaches in light syrup (and no, I don't drink the syrup after I finish the peaches... but my kids do and that includes Mark in the term "kids).

Snack: One apple. 1 Sugar Free/Fat Free Jello Mousse with a squirt of light Cool Whip. (Yeah, I had two snacks. Shut up.)

Dinner: 1 serving of Coq au Vin (roasted boneless skinless chicken with veggies) over egg noodles and 1 biscuit.

Snack: Yoplait Yogurt parfait. Weight Watchers ice cream cone.

Exercise: None. It's raining and my treadmill isn't fixed yet. I know... excuses, excuses.





Maybe Hungry Really Means Hungry...

Ok, so I read in a magazine article that 9 times out of 10, when you are feeling hungry you are really just thirsty. Uh, Mr. Author Man... untrue. Yesterday I was hungry and when I drank my glass of water... I WAS STILL HUNGRY.

I didn't love our dinner last night, and spent the evening with a serious case of the hungries. If you think Swine Flu is scary, try ferocious growling from the depth of your stomach like someone tied up a Pit Bull in there, but left a t-bone just out of it's reach. Old Fat Lynn would just deal until after the boys went to bed and then send Mark out for Taco Bell. Last night, that desire was almost overwhelming. I even Googled calorie content to see just how bad two tacos and a nacho were going to set me back. Then, after I found my eyeballs rolling around under the desk after they flew out of my skull at the sight of the calorie content, I drank enough Crystal Light to make me spend the night peeing like I was 9 months pregnant. And. I. Was. Still. Hungry. But, I had a snack, and a second snack and even though I had probably 250 calories in snacks last night, that is far better than the 976 calories I was used to in my usual Taco Bell meal, so I consider it another small success.

3 comments:

  1. What about the Taco Bell Fresco menu? Those tacos aren't as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie - I will have to check that out. Thanks for the tip. I typically only like Taco Bell if it's drowning in sour cream and their gooey cheese-like substance. I bet that's not on the fresco menu... but I will check it out next time I am having that craving.

    Tex - Thanks!!! I am trying.

    ReplyDelete