Friday, October 23, 2009

Mayday... mayday!!!!

Crash alert, crash alert... attention tower, we are going down in flames. Emergency personnel to the runway, stat! Yesterday I was AWFUL. I completely let go of any attempts to diet... and not because I wanted to... but because I just didn't have it in me to care. I found myself completely ambivalent about anything and everything diet related... which is surprising coming off a 7 pound loss. It's because I injured my shoulder and the pain is just amazing. And, let me just interject that in my personal opinion... I am no sissy. I can play with pain, but it hurts. It HURTS!!! A lot. And in dealing with my ouchie, I sunk into a pit of despair. I ate a normal breakfast, but at lunch I just didn't have it in me to make tuna or something healthy. I nuked leftover Chinese noodles and ate them straight from the container. When I wanted a snack, I didn't care about getting something healthy. I ate corn chips... and potato chips... and a nut and chocolate trail mix. Yep, I hoovered in the pantry's contents like it was going out of style. And, I don't even care for potato chips or corn chips. I ate because my arm hurts. Who does that? Then, I cooked my family a healthy whole wheat pasta dinner with turkey sausage and veggies... and personally opted for a bacon cheeseburger (with mayo) and fries (dipped in Ranch dressing). And at bedtime, I ignored the healthy Fit and Active ice cream treats in the freezer and went for the thick chocolate covered drumstick instead. Two of them. Thank god there isn't a Baskin Robbins around here, or I would have robbed them of 30 of their flavors. (I don't like Rocky Road). I don't know how a sore arm translates into "screw my diet" but it did... LOUD and CLEAR.

That's right... My name is Lynn and I'm a depression eater.

4 comments:

  1. I've been there for plenty of other things. The key is not dwelling on it. Today is a new day... and most of the pantry should be empty now anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your brother. It' a new day. You had a bad one, but you'll do better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dieters are expected to have bad days. You just pack it in, and try again tomorrow. Good luck! My co-workers and I have been talking about you. We send good ju-ju your way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike - Stupid grocery shopping! The pantry got refilled!

    Amie - Yeah, new day. Uh... that didn't go so well either... but I will update that later after the Wednesday weigh in.

    Tonya - Oh now, I've let a whole office down?!?!?! Thanks for the ju ju... can I get that in a super size?

    ReplyDelete