Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend O'Failure

Weekend's Lack of Success:

Ate Saturday: Everything in sight.
Breakfast: Blah blah blah... ate cardboard breakfast. Fine.
Lunch: Subway, footer. Oops. Chocolate chip cookie. Double oops.
Dinner: Chinese. Lots of it. Triple oops.
Snack: Don't remember... all part of food coma.

Ate Sunday: Not much better.
Breakfast again: cereal. Yay for me... trying to rebound.
Lunch: Chinese. Not huge portions, but smaller portions of spare ribs and fried rice, pretty much described as BBQ fat chunks and starch fried in fat with fat chunks mixed in.
Dinner: Turkey, potatoes, turkey, potatoes, rolls, potatoes, and turkey. With some butter. Yum. Oh, and with gravy. Double yum. Millions of oopses.

Weekend O'Failure:

I don't really know what went wrong this weekend, but my God, did it go wrong. I didn't set out to stop dieting, but it just happened. It started at the hair salon on Saturday morning and I was dead tired. I don't know why, but I could barely keep my eyes open. So, I went the soda machine. Ugh... Pepsi. I hate Pepsi. Any other time, I drink diet colas. Always have. But, I hate Diet Pepsi. So, I decided I could take one foray into the non-diet world and go with a Mountain Dew. Sacrifices had to be made to not appear appear to be narcoleptic!

Then, I had a horrible time at Walgreen's trying to get flu shots for me and Tabbi. Tabbi acted like the amazing 10 year old toddler and the wait took forever. When I finally got home after spending an hour and a half seeking salvation from the flu... I was hungry and crabby. I ate my Subway in one bite, and then... I did it. I ate the cookie. Then, fast forward to dinner and Mark wants Chinese. At that point I had spent Friday cleaning the entire house, and Saturday either waiting for flu vaccines or cleaning out the garage. Screw diet. I ate Chinese. And ate it and ate it and ate it. And Sunday, I ate it again.

I didn't set out to go off diet, but somehow on my busy weekend, I did. It no longer hit anywhere on my priority list. The good news is that I was totally productive and that equals exercise. I think I sat down for a grand total of 30 seconds total from Friday night to now... so I am not too upset about it. But, it is interesting that at my first busy moment, the diet disappearing and was replaced with convenience. But, as they say in AA, take it one day at a time, and today so far, has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment